The Steam Team has been in business for more than three decades. And we have seen and solved just about every carpet problem there is.
One area of special concern is proper care and concern for your wool carpets. Here are some tips for keeping your wool carpets in prime condition
- A beater bar cleaner with brush is the way to go for cut pile carpet. But for loop-style carpeting like Berber, you'll want a suction only unit to avoid fraying the fabric.
- Place rugs or mats over the most heavily trafficked areas of the carpet. And be sure to clean them regularly. Finally, replace your AC filters regularly to prevent soiling from the ducts and vents.
- Occasionally, clean high traffic areas with an absorbent carpet and then vacuum.
- Keep absorbent paper or cloth towels handy for spot spills.
- and accidents.
- DO NOT apply silicon-based stain repellants as they actually tend to increase soiling. Many manufacturers won't honor warranties when these products have been applied.